A Place for Adventurers
The Cool River Adventures building sits on the edge of the Chattahoochee National Forest near the start of the Chattahoochee RiveR. we’re proud to offer this fully-equipped adventures building to both our aerial and tubing guests.
What's at Cool River Adventures, also called Headwaters Outpost?
- Aerial ticket purchases
- Picnic areas, including deck seating, a large outdoor pavilion, and tables near the river
- Clothing and gift shop, featuring outfitter goods and supplies
- Headwaters Café, serving pizza, sandwiches, and Mayfield ice cream
- Restrooms and Dressing Rooms
In terms of the surrounding area, outdoor adventurers will find plenty to explore. Headwaters Outpost is located at the end of a beautiful road tracing the Chattahoochee river up to its beginning. This is an unforgettable road to ride a bike or explore (slowly) by car. Excellent hiking, scenic views, and waterfalls are all nearby. Waterfalls include:
- Just five miles from our location, Anna Ruby is located in Unicoi State Park. Beautiful falls accessible with a short and easy hike, Anna Ruby has long been a favorite for visitors and locals.
- This 5-mile trail is five miles from CRA. It’s on one of the most beautiful routes in the mountains — the Scenic Highway.
- This 2-mile hike to a 150 ft. waterfall is also on the Scenic Highway. We have a special affinity for Dukes Creek, as family lived at these falls many generations ago.
Appalachian Trail access at Unicoi Gap is also just eight miles away. You can find out much more about the hikes and trails in our area on Atlanta Trails.
Aside from our local towns of Helen and Sautee, we are a short drive from the beautiful North Georgia towns of Hiawassee, Clayton, and Blairsville. These towns also boast lakes, shopping, state parks, and scenic views.